Terms and Conditions
This website is owned and operated by Aelia Duty Free.
By accessing, browsing, shopping or using any of the services on this website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
1. Purchasing Duty Free Goods
To purchase duty free or tax free goods, you must be travelling internationally. To buy duty free goods from this website you must be flying into or out of Auckland International Airport, Christchurch International Airport, Dunedin International Airport or Queenstown International Airport. The online purchaser must be the traveller collecting the goods. You may pre order up to 6 months in advance of your travel.
2. Products and Online Orders
- All products advertised on this website are subject to availability.
- Any order placed by you on this website is an agreement by you to purchase a particular product for the price stated on this website at the time you place your order. You recognize that by making the order, you are agreeing to pay for the product (s) at the time of ordering and will collect that order from your nominated collection point.
- To place an order on this website you will need to input your contact details and your flight and travel details. You will also need to nominate a collection date and collection location at the relevant airport for the product(s) ordered. If you do not supply any of the required details requested we will not be able to process your order. If your flight is diverted you may be able to request Customs to stamp your Collection Docket and have the goods couriered to your address in New Zealand.
- If there has been a mistake made by Aelia Duty Free or by yourself and your order is either incomplete or not at the Collection Point at the specified time your order will be refunded in full. Customs will not stamp your Docket for courier delivery to your New Zealand address for any other reason other than a diverted flight.
- All pre-orders made through our website must be placed with at least two working days notice before the date of your arrival or departure.
- For orders outside of this time frame you must contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 TAX FREE. Our team then hold the right to process or refuse an order on a situational basis at their discretion.
- Orders on this website can only be placed by a person who will be departing from or arriving into New Zealand on an international flight, whether as a passenger or a member of flight crew.
- It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself in respect of the allowances permitted for each country that you will be entering and clearing customs. We provide some guidance on this website in relation to the allowances applicable for the more travelled destinations.
Liquor Purchases - You must be 18 years or over
- Aelia Duty Free takes the responsible service of alcohol seriously. As part of our commitment to this, we enforce the checking of proof of age identification. We will only sell alcohol (both in-store and online) to customers aged 18 or over.
- If you purchase alcohol online from us, you will required to tick a box confirming you are over 18 during the checkout process. When you pick up your duty free order from one of our Airport stores or Collection Points, you will be required to show your ID if you look under 25. Similarly, proof of age identification will be checked for in-store purchases if you look under 25.
Tobacco Purchases - You must be 18 years or over
- Aelia Duty Free takes the responsible sale of Tobacco (cigarettes, loose tobacco, cigars and other related products) seriously. As part of our commitment to this, we enforce the checking of proof of age identification. We will only sell tobacco (both in-store and online) to customers aged 18 or over.
- If you purchase tobacco online from us, you will required to tick a box confirming you are over 18 during the checkout process. When you pick up your duty free order from one of our Airport stores or Collection Points, you will be required to show your ID if you look under 25. Similarly, proof of age identification will be checked for in-store purchases if you look under 25.
Passengers on transit flights must contact the Customer Service Team on 0800 TAX FREE before placing an order, as some transit flights cannot be serviced by Aelia Duty Free.
Aelia Duty Free does not service cruise ships.
Prices and Payment
- Although we do our best to ensure prices stated on this website are accurate, errors do occur from time to time. Where a pricing error occurs we will not be bound by the incorrect pricing stated, and reserve the right to cancel your purchase.
- Due to tighter security regulations, once your order has been confirmed no further changes can be made to it. If your circumstances change please contact our Customer Service Team on 0800 829 3733 and we may be able to either refund and/or create a new order for you.
- All prices displayed on this website are in New Zealand Dollars and may be changed at any time without notice.
- The price payable for any product(s) is the price specified on this website at the time of placing the order.
- Payment for product(s) must be made by a valid credit card using the ordering facility on the website or via the Call Centre. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diner's Club. No other form of payment will be accepted.
- All products must be paid for in full on the website or over the phone before your order can be processed.
Credit Card Information
For your security, Aelia Duty Free does not hold your credit card details on file and therefore they must be re-entered at the time of each purchase through the website and/or over the phone.
- Product(s) must be collected at the nominated collection point at the relevant airport specified on your order. For Collection Point locations please click here.
- If you are collecting on departure from New Zealand you must collect your goods at the collection point before boarding your flight. Customs regulations stipulate that orders not collected prior to departing New Zealand cannot be collected upon your return, and a full refund of your purchase will be provided instead.
- If you are collecting on arrival to New Zealand you must collect your goods from our collection point before to clearing customs. Customs regulations stipulate that orders not collected prior to passing through customs cannot be supplied to you, and full refund of your purchase price will be provided instead.
- To collect your order you must present a printed copy of your purchase receipt and passport identification. In the event that you are unable to print a copy of your receipt, please note your order reference number and provide passport identification when collecting the order.
- You agree to inspect the product(s) immediately on collection. You must notify our collection staff immediately of any shortfall or incorrect orders.
Availability of products may change without notice. In case of delivery of incorrect products or failure to deliver goods in time, please contact our Customer Service Team.
Safety of Goods
Aelia Duty Free accepts the risk of loss of, or damage to, product(s) only up to the point of where the product is collected.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties (the "External Sites"). You acknowledge that the company is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any External Site. You should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such External Sites.
Travel Delays or Changes
- It is your responsibility to contact Aelia Duty Free if there is a change in your date and time of departure or arrival, or a change in your airline. Please contact our Call Centre:
- Within New Zealand Toll-Free: 0800 TAXFREE (0800 829 3733)
- Within Australia (excludes Vodafone Prepay) Toll-Free: 1800 652 169
- All other countries: +64-9-927 5460
- If an order is placed where passenger and flight details have been incorrectly inputted through the online ordering system, Aelia Duty Free will not be held responsible if the order is not available for pick up in which case the purchase price will be refunded in full.
Rejection and Cancellation of Orders by Duty Free Stores New Zealand
Aelia Duty Free may, at its absolute discretion, reject or cancel any order made by you at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to the following:
- The cancellation of credit card payment or if details are dishonoured.
- When the passenger does not meet the concession or age requirements and restrictions imposed by New Zealand Customs
- Where Aelia Duty Free has unintentionally displayed any errors on the website including incorrect prices, descriptions or illustrations or typographical errors and these errors are relevant to your order.
If we cancel or reject an order due to circumstances including those described above then the purchase price will be refunded to you. In this case you will be contacted by a Customer Service Team Member for further detail.
Cancellation of Orders by the Passenger
- Any cancellation of orders must be directed to our Call Centre on 0800 829 3733.
- We are happy to refund products that are damaged or faulty or where incorrect products are supplied within a reasonable time. All goods returned whether they are faulty or not must have proof of purchase supplied such as a till receipt or an Online Order Reference Number.
- Subject to conditions we will either arrange for a replacement with an identical or comparable product(s), or issue a refund of the purchase price of the faulty/damaged product/s, or repair the product(s).
- Returns will not be accepted if the damage to the product has subsequently been caused by an accident, or by neglect or misuse, by either you or a third party. Returns will not be accepted by if you have modified or tampered with the product in any way.
- Any faulty or damaged returned product(s) must be complete and include any accessories provided to you with the product.
- Any refunds will not be processed until we receive the product(s) in question from you.
Change of Mind
Please choose carefully as refunds are not normally provided where you have simply changed your mind, made a wrong selection or simply found the goods cheaper elsewhere.
Consumer Guarantees Act
Nothing in these Terms is intended to avoid the provisions of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (“CGA”) except to the extent permitted by the CGA or to exclude liability arising under any other statute. If and to the extent that such liability cannot be lawfully excluded, these Terms shall be modified to the extent necessary to give effect to the above intention. If you are acquiring goods or services from us for the purposes of a business, you agree that the guarantees provided in the CGA shall not apply. We do not provide any express guarantees (as that term is defined in the CGA) other than those expressly confirmed in these Terms.
Under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (‘CGA’), you have guaranteed legal rights for goods [and services] you buy.
These are called ‘consumer guarantees’, and include the following:
1. a guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality, such that the goods are:
- fit for all the purposes for which goods of that type are commonly supplied;
- free from minor defects;
- durable; and
- acceptable in appearance and finish;
2. a guarantee that the goods are fit for any particular purpose made known by you, or for which we represent that they are or will be fit;
3. a guarantee that the goods correspond with any description with which the goods are supplied; and
4. a guarantee that the goods correspond with any sample or demonstration model where the goods are supplied by reference to such sample or model.
If the goods [or services] we supply do not meet a consumer guarantee, we will meet our obligations under the CGA to provide a remedy.
These guarantees are in addition to any warranty offered by a manufacturer, and you may have rights against the manufacturer directly.
The CGA does not apply where the goods have been used in a manner, or to an extent which is inconsistent with the manner or extent of use that a reasonable consumer would expect to obtain from the goods; and the goods would have complied with the guarantee of acceptable quality if they had not been used in the manner or to that extent.
In no event shall the company. be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary or consequential, damages, or any damages whatsoever, even if the company has been previously advised of the possibility of such damages, whether in an action under contract, negligence, or any other theory, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use, or performance of the information, services, products, and materials available from this site. These limitations shall apply notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitations may not apply to you.
The information, services, products, and materials contained in this site, including, without limitation, text, graphics, and links, are provided on an "as is" basis with no warranty. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, the company. disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, with respect to such information, services, products, and materials, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, no infringement, freedom from computer virus, and implied, warranties arising from course of dealing or course of performance. In addition, the company does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Aelia Duty Free will not be held responsible for any products that are:
- Altered, reprocessed, tampered with, or repaired in any way other than by or through Aelia Duty Free.
- Fitted or used in breach of the conditions of use or technical specifications, as may be included with the product and/or published from time to time.
Competitions and Promotional Offers
From time to time, the website will present the opportunity to participate in competitions and promotional offers. These offers have separate terms and conditions. By participating in any competitions or promotional offers on this website you agree to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in New Zealand and the users submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
- Aelia Duty Free may alter the Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice and it is your responsibility to monitor amended Terms and Conditions. All changes are effective from the date of posting the revised Terms and Conditions on this website. Any updated version of the Terms and Conditions will immediately supersede any prior version.
- You agree that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful, or prohibited under these Terms and Conditions. You agree that you will not use this website to spam, transmit or upload any material that contains viruses or other harmful programs or that breach any laws including intellectual property rights, defamation, or privacy rights. You also agree not to interfere with or disrupt this website or attempt to gain unauthorised access.
- In order to use this website, it is your responsibility to procure access to the Internet and to pay any costs associated with that access.
The information provided by the customer is for the exclusive use of the company. The information will not be made available in any form to any other organisation. You will receive E-mail messages confirming orders placed. You may also receive messages via e-mail or post from the company announcing special offers or promotions. Credit card information is not held by the company.
All website design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof are (C) 2015, Aelia Duty Free. All Rights Reserved. Any use of materials on this site, including reproduction for purposes, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission of the company is strictly prohibited.
Duty Free Stores promotes responsible drinking and aims to be the most responsible duty free liquor retailer.
We understand that having a drink is a normal part of the way we socialise, but also recognise the importance of looking after your health and wellbeing. We therefore seek to assist with the management of an environment that can be enjoyed by all.
For more information about Drinking Responsibly, visit www.cheers.org.nz.
Being A Responsible Drinker
- Measure Safe
Measuring spirit nips when pouring from a bottle is very important in drinking responsibly. A 30ml spirit nip (40% alc/vol) is the equivalent of one standard drink.
Always refer to the alcohol volume percentage on the label. If the alcohol volume varies, it will affect the standard drink measure.
- Don't Buy It For Them
Duty Free Stores may refuse alcohol sales to an adult if we believe they are purchasing alcohol for a minor. Adults must be aware of their responsibilities regarding secondary supply.
For more information about Drinking Responsibly, visit www.cheers.org.nz.
1. General Terms
1.1 Individuals will be bound by these terms and conditions upon submitting an application to join the Program
1.2 Participation in The Program is considered acceptance of these Terms & Conditions
1.3 Membership of The Program is entirely personal and non-transferable. The Operator reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to refuse or revoke membership of the Program.
1.4 Program Membership is not available to anyone under the age of 18 years
1.5 This program is operated by Duty Free Stores Wellington Limited
1.6 The Operators decision in relation to all matters arising under this program is final and binding.
2. Loyalty Points
2.1 Loyalty Points are not property and do not have any monetary value except in respect of the value assigned to them by The Operator and Loyalty Points may not be transferred or sold.
2.2 Loyalty Points can only be redeemed for rewards and are not convertible into cash. Loyalty Points are just used to record your entitlement to claim a reward.
3. Earning Points
3.1 Loyalty Points can only be earned by Members of the Program
3.2 Loyalty Points can only be earned on purchases made via the Website
3.3 Loyalty Points will not be earned for purchases of tobacco and previously discounted items
3.4 Refer to the Aelia Club Travel Rewards page for more information about how you can earn Loyalty Points
3.5 Redemption of Loyalty Points does not earn Loyalty Points. However any additional payment made in the same transaction will earn Loyalty Points.
3.6 The use of Gift Cards and Gift Vouchers to purchase items will not earn Loyalty Points
3.7 Where a Loyalty Point earning transaction is refunded, or the transaction cancelled Loyalty Points earned for that transaction will be deducted from the relevant Member’s Loyalty Point balance. In the case of Loyalty Points earned with respect to a product which is subsequently exchanged for another product, the relevant member's account will be adjusted to reflect the number of Loyalty Points that would have accrued for the purchase of the alternative product.
3.8 Points will be deducted if the points are deemed by the Operator to be earned fraudulently.
3.9 The Operator will deduct any Loyalty Points from a Members account that have been credited in error.
3.10 Points earned on a purchase will be available to spend up to 24hrs after the same purchase has been collected
4. Bonus Points
Bonus Points may be offered from time to time for actions competed by Members. Any conditions applying to these Bonus Points will be advised at the time of the promotion.
5. Redeeming Points
5.1 Reward redemptions used to purchase items cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount card or voucher (eg. Crew, Airport Staff discounts)
5.2 Refer to the Aelia Club Travel Rewards page for more information about how you can spend your Loyalty Points
5.3 Loyalty Points cannot be redeemed for the purchase of the following items:
5.3.1 Tobacco products
5.3.2 Discounted or Sale Items
5.3.3 Promotional Items (eg “2-for-$59” mix and match)
6. Points Expiry
6.1 Loyalty Points must be used within 24 months of 31 December of the year in which the Loyalty Points were added to the points record. Loyalty points that remain unused after that period will be cancelled.
7.1 The Operator will communicate important membership messages such as Program changes by email and the Member cannot opt out of receiving these messages
7.2 The member may opt out of receiving marketing emails relating to the Program sent by The Operator
7.3 For any enquires regarding this Program please email email@example.com or call within New Zealand (toll free) 0800 829 3733 or from outside New Zealand on +64-4-380 7500.
8. Notice of changes
8.1 The Operator may at its discretion at any time update these Terms and Conditions, including changing the products eligible to earn reward points or that points may be redeemed to purchase, or amending the value of points, with reasonable prior notice and without liability. Updated Terms and Conditions will be published on the Operator's website.
8.2 The Operator may terminate the Aelia Loyalty program at any time provided that the Operator uses reasonable efforts to advise the member of such action. The Operator will notify you as soon as practicable of the termination and time period you may have in which to claim your rewards.
8.3 The laws of New Zealand apply to these Terms and Conditions and the Programme, to the exclusion of any other law. Members submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
9.1 To the extent permitted by law, The Operator makes no warranties or representations with respect to the type, quality, standard, fitness or suitability for any purposes of the rewards.
9.2 The Operator is not responsible for the loss, theft or destruction of rewards.
10.1 The Operator will resolve disputes regarding eligibility for the Loyalty points. Any dispute in relation to the redemption or use of the Loyalty Points will be resolved by The Operator.
10.2 A member must submit their question or dispute in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with relevant copies of invoices where applicable.
The Operator collects personal information in order to conduct the Programme and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and service providers. Participation is conditional on providing this information. The member authorises the Operator to use the personal information provided for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the member. Members should direct any request to access, update or request the correct of personal information to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
C. Earning Airpoints Dollars At Aelia Duty Free
From Friday 15th December 2017 you will collect Airpoints DollarsTM each time you make a purchase at any Aelia Duty Free store in New Zealand, except Tobacco purchases which will not earn Airpoints Dollars. Scan your valid Airpoints card at the checkout when completing your purchase. You will earn Airpoints at a rate equivalent to 1 Airpoints Dollar per $100 spent or a percentage of an Airpoints Dollar based on the percentage of $100 spent. We may offer extra Airpoints Dollars on items in store, and these items and/or the number of Airpoints Dollars may change at any time without notice. We may also make limited time Airpoints Dollars offers direct to select Airpoints members at our discretion. You will collect Airpoints Dollars when you use a Aelia Duty Free Gift Card to pay for your purchases, but not when you purchase the Gift Card. Airpoints Dollars are not applicable to cash withdrawn as part of an EFTPOS transaction. Airpoints Dollars cannot be redeemed or used as payment in Aelia Duty Free stores or on our websites. Airpoints Dollars earned at Aelia Duty Free will be loaded onto your Airpoints account within 10 working days.
“Airpoints™” is the registered trademark for the loyalty programme operated by Air New Zealand. “Airpoints Dollars™” and “ Aelia Duty Free” are registered trademarks for a form of reward offered to members of the Airpoints programme.
1. Koru Member Promotion
Between April 1st and the 30th of June 2018, Koru members will earn triple Airpoints Dollars on any fragrance, skincare or cosmetics purchase.
2. Online orders are now eligible for earning Airpoints dollars.
You will earn Airpoints at a rate equivalent to 1 Airpoints Dollar per $100 spent or a percentage of an Airpoints Dollar based on the percentage of $100 spent. Between 9 May and 31 May 2018 you'll pick up triple Airpoints Dollars on any fragrance, skincare or cosmetics purchase in any of our online stores in Auckland, Queenstown and Dunedin.
Discount codes are not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Available for online purchases only in Australia and New Zealand. Excludes MAC, La Prairie, Shiseido , NARS, Dolce Gabbana, Sisley, Issey Miyake , Narciso Rodriguez, Armani, Elie Saab, Online Specials, Electronics, Mix & Match, Premium products and selected items.